Clear the air of negative energy! I’ve been smudging for at least 10 years. Smudging is a Native American practice used to clear and purify a room with sacred herbs- The Ancient art of Smudging.
The smudging with Sage and other suitable herbs releases negative ions which make for a more positive mood in your surroundings. You can smudge rooms and you can even smudge yourself.
It’s been a very effective practice for me that I do regularly. After I smudge an area, the environment is more relaxed, peaceful and purified!
Here’s what you need:
- Smudge stick
- Candle & matches
- A fireproof container
Heres how you do it:
1. Place the candle, the fireproof container and the smudge stick on a table, desk or any other stable surface. Find time to smudge when you won’t be disturbed. Its best to create a ceremonial environment when smudging.
2. Light the candle and set your intention. Light the tip of your smudge stick with a candle, then gently wave the stick in the air till the tip begins to smoulder.
3. Hold the smudge stick over the fireproof container at all times in order to avoid any lit herbs falling on the floor. Wave the smoke with your hand to disperse the smoke. Stay focused and connected while smudging.
4. Go clockwise around your house(start at the front door), and gently wave the smoke into the air. Spend a little extra time in the corners of the rooms. Energy gets trapped there.
5. When you have smudged all areas of your house, come back to where you started and gently extinguish your smudge stick (dipping it into sand or wet it a bit).
Open Heart, Open Mind